In case you haven’t heard, 2016 is the year of the vegetable. So why not hop on the bandwagon with this simple recipe for Savory Green Beans & Caramelized Onions from Birds Eye? Packed at the peak of freshness, frozen green beans are chock-full of Vitamin A and Calcium and will give you that taste of summer that January leaves you craving.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Steamfresh® Whole Green Beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins, (optional)
- Melt butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more or until fragrant.
- Add prepared Green Beans and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries.